This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias
If you have been around this blog for any amount of time you know that I love easy and budget friendly recipes. As a busy wife and mom my time is precious. I love to keep it simple in the kitchen. I wanted to come up with a new twist on a classic dessert. Then it hit me. Ambrosia Salad! Just like that my Autumn Ambrosia Salad recipe was born. The best part? It only has 7 ingredients and can be made in 10 minutes.
Are you all about the pumpkin this time of time? I am. I was born on Thanksgiving so pumpkin is in my blood. I wanted to give this classic dessert some fall flair. I did that by using JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding. I took out the traditional citrus fruits and used apple and pear to go with the pumpkin spice. I think it turned out delicious. You literally dump everything in a bowl, mix and serve. Easy easy!
I was able to easily find most of the ingredients in the Holiday Bake Center at Walmart. I love that they do this. I can grab what I need quickly because it’s all there front and center. I just had to make two more stops. I grabbed the fruit from the produce department. I then grabbed the Cool Whip from the freezer section. I was in and out in no time.
So without further ado, let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 2 tbsp JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 1 apple cubed (sweet not tart)
- 1 pear cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Optional - Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon for garnish if serving in single dishes.
- Mix the JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding into the tub of Cool Whip. Then scoop all of the Cool Whip into a large bowl. Add the coconut and mix. Add the apple and the pear and mix. Add the almonds and mix. Add the JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows and mix. Serve immediately or you can chill and serve later.
I hope I have inspired you to put your own twist on traditional dishes. You may surprise yourself. Visit here for more inspiration using your favorite ingredients from Kraft. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Tell me in the comments.