I love the fall. And no matter how cliche it is, I love pumpkin. Give me all the pumpkin! I was born on Thanksgiving so it’s in my blood. I’m a huge chocoholic. So I thought why not put them together? That’s how this brownie pumpkin trifle was born. Even better, it’s semi homemade. Sometimes you just need convenience and this is one of those recipes.
Trifles have always been one of my favorite desserts. They are so simple but packs lots of flavor. I love to serve them when we are hosting dinner. It’s something I can whip up pretty quickly and is definitely a crowd pleaser. You can prepare it ahead of time, stick it in the fridge, and forget about it.
For the brownies I used a box mix. All I had to do was add eggs and oil and bake it. While it baked I made the pumpkin pudding. I used an instant pudding mix, evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. So both of the main components of this dessert are semi homemade. Then you just crumble the brownies and make your layers adding whipped cream as the third layer. *update* I found pumpkin pie spice flavored pudding! If you can find this the recipe becomes even easier!
I couldn’t wait to share it with the wilds when they got home from school. They were so excited that I had made them such a special treat. They both have a sweet tooth like their momma so this treat was right up their alley. It was so easy to make. The next time I’ll let them make it. I love getting them involved in the kitchen. It’s never to early to teach my boys how to cook ;)
So let’s get to it:
- 1 pkg brownie mix - prepare according to the instructions
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding and pie mix (5 1/10 oz)
- 1 can low fat evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped topping
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions and let cool. For the pudding combine the mix and the evaporated milk in a bowl whisking for 2 minutes. Chill for 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice and blend well. Crumble the brownie. In your serving dish layer the finished ingredients starting with the brownie, then pudding, then whipped topping. Add as many layers as will fit in your dish. Garnish with brownie crumbles. Enjoy immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yummy! What is one of your favorite desserts to serve to guests?